Drrrrrrum-roll pleaseee!…I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. What? Unless you are a long term blogger involved in this world you might not have any idea what this means. I had seen it online in multiple blogs but until now did I actually do some research about it, and learned what it means.
Turns out this award is given from blogger to blogger, it’s a small recognition and a great way to discover new blogs that are out there, as well as network with bloggers. Managing a blog is no easy task specially if you want to grow and keep readers interested in your content, so this is a nice way to have your work recognized.
I have been nominated by the wonderful Paula Moise from Her Travel Story. Our paths recently crossed after I joined a community of travel bloggers. Paula is a Romanian native who loves to travel and explore her city. She has a wonderful blog about her experiences and very cool door photos from around the world. Make sure you check it out!
Again, thank you Paula for the nomination!
There are many blogs I follow that inspire me, they are mostly fashion and travel blogs. Since I like girly and trendy things I like to look cute for my travel photos so obviously I try to stay in the loop when it comes to fashion and the trends that are out there. Since fashion is constantly changing I like to keep developing my style. In a way I think traveling is trendy as well since some times there’s a boom to a certain country or place and everyone is going there. This past summer I would say it was Spain and Croatia. Everyone was traveling there, at least that’s what my Facebook and Instagram feed showed. One blog that has a combination of both is The Blonde Salad. Chiara seems to have the perfect life! Great outfits for the coolest of events and she is constantly on the move from place to place. Hopefully one day I can live off traveling around the world!
Random facts about me:
- I’m in love with languages, if I could learn them all I would.
- I studied abroad in Italy.
- My first job was as a modeling instructor (and I loved it way too much!).
- I passed my driver’s license test on my third attempt.
- I enjoy staying in hostels when I travel, I think it adds to the adventure.
- I have family from all over the world thanks to my mix background.
- My last name is originally Greek, Nicophorus (now it’s Nakfour).
- I love the beach but hate the sand getting all over me.
- I enjoy Summers way more than Winters.
- Which is your favorite country you have visited so far? Why? – Although, I have many favorites because every place has it’s charm, I would have to say Italy. There I was able to practice my Italian, travel around the country and make long lasting friendships.
- What is your most epic story from your travels? – I have waaay to many to count, there is always something epic happening on my travels, whether it is getting stranded in the middle of a mountain going to Florence or a train losing power between Verona and Venice, there’s just always something that marks a trip.
- Favorite food? – I love pasta! I can eat it all day long everyday, all kinds of pasta. I also love some homemade hummus…yum!
- What is the one place you would recommend everyone to visit? – As of right now Morocco is fresh in my mind. I was there this past May and it is a wonderful place. I had the opportunity to visit Marrakesh and the Sahara Desert and it’s a once in a life time experience. I would love to go back and experience the desert again.
- What is the scariest experience you had when traveling? – hmm…I don’t think I have had too many scary experiences when traveling. One that comes to mind now is when traveling to Florence the bus driver left us in a mountain highway to walk 200 meters to the nearest bus stop. It was scary because we had Ferrari’s racing past us in a very narrow street but we made it and had a laugh after.
- That one moment you will never forget? – Wow…waaay too many! I think every place I have been to leaves me a moment to always remember.
- Luxury travel or backpacking? – Backpacking! I think the more you try to be part of the culture of where you are the better the experience. of course there’s nothing wrong having some luxury stays from time to time.
- Asia or USA? – Mm… I have only been to Lebanon, so there’s a lot of Asia I haven’t seen yet. Even though I live in the USA there’s also a lot I haven’t seen here at home. So I have a lot of places to explore in both!
My Nominees for the Liebster Award 2017:
Official Rules for Liebster Award 2017
Here’s what to do if you are nominated:
- Thank the person who nominated you and write a few words about their blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Write 150-300 words about the blog who inspires you the most
- Optional: provide 10 random facts or about you
- Nominate between 5 and 11 blogs that you think they deserve the nomination
- Ask them a set of questions
- Write these rules on your blog
- Inform the people that you chose about the nomination by sending them the link to your blog post and congratulate them for receiving The Liebster Award 2017!
Here are more details about the award.
Questions for the nominees:
- What made you start your blog?
- What do you plan to achieve with it?
- What keeps you inspired to keep working at it?
- Who do you feel is your biggest supporter?
- Where would you like to travel in the next year?
- What advice can you give someone that wants to start a blog?
If you were nominated, I’m hoping you accept the nomination and continue spreading this award to other great inspiring bloggers that would love to have their hard work recognized.